- 3 + 12 MAs (12 is chosen because Guppy has 12 MAs)
- MA types can be set to Simple, Exponential, Weighted, and Smoothed
- weight can be applied to all available MAs (the built-in uses Simple MA)
- It is possible to count in only effective portions of the in the equation by using Accum/ Dist Weight
- Secondary smoothing (useful when weight is enabled)
- Predefined MA sets based on Fibonacci sequence (2,3,5,8,.., 377), Guppy (3,5,8,10,12,15 &30,35, 40 ,45,50,60), and cI8DH (2,3,5,8,12,17 & 30,34,39,45,52,60)
- hlc3 as input source captures all the essential information encapsulated in a candle. I'd use hlc3 as the default option. In uptrend, "low" and in downtrend, "high" might give more relevant results when using MAs for structural analysis of a market. For commonly used MAs (EMA20, SMA50,100,200), "close" should be used due to their self-fulfilling prophecy effect.
- When you have weight above 0, you may want to use secondary smoothing.
- Try not to use Simple MA for smaller lengths (below 20). Sharp changes in the past (right before the period specified by the length) will affect the current value of MA dramatically leading to confusion.
- I am using the first 3 MAs for 50,100,200. You can disable them from the MA type selector all at once when using Fib or Guppy ribbons.
There are different ways of structuring a market. Geometrical ( , channels, fans, patterns, etc) and Fib retracement-based structuring is very common among traders. MAs give an alternative way of analyzing markets. MA ribbons such as Guppy (6 slow and 6 fast-moving MAs) are popular for analyzing market flow. IMO default Guppy sets are a bit random as the numbers do not have an elegant sequence. So I proposed my sets based on increasing sequene spacing (+1). These two MA ribbons are good for market flow analysis but the spacing of the MAs are not ideal for structuring a market. Ribbons based on the Fib sequence is a better choice for structuring a market. This is the equivalent of Fib channels but in a more dynamic form. Among other things, MA Fib ribbon can be used to assess market momentum and to compare different stages of a market. Here are two "educational-only" examples:
- with length L = Exponential MA with length 2*L-1
- Read the background section in my ADP indicator to understand how A/D is calculated
- Made the code a bit more efficient
Dans le véritable esprit de TradingView, l'auteur de ce script l'a publié en open-source, afin que les traders puissent le comprendre et le vérifier. Bravo à l'auteur! Vous pouvez l'utiliser gratuitement, mais la réutilisation de ce code dans une publication est régie par le règlement. Vous pouvez le mettre en favori pour l'utiliser sur un graphique.
Les informations et les publications ne sont pas destinées à être, et ne constituent pas, des conseils ou des recommandations en matière de finance, d'investissement, de trading ou d'autres types de conseils fournis ou approuvés par TradingView. Pour en savoir plus, consultez les Conditions d'utilisation.