This study aims to automate Raff Regression Channel drawing either based on or optionally User Preference
The Raff Regression Channel, developed by Gilbert Raff, is based on a , which is the least-squares line-of-best-fit for a price series, with evenly spaced above and below. The width of the channel is set by determining the high or low that is the furthest from the .
Because the channel distance is based off the largest pullback or highest peak within a trend, for effectively drawing and using a Raff Regression Channel it is recommend/required that a Raff Regression Channel is applied to “mature” trends. Knowing this requirement, for better automated drawing results this study benefits from the , where the is used to help identify price trends and changes in price trends. Option to manually adjust lengths for drawing a Raff Regression Channel is also made available.
Using a Raff Regression Channel
Once The Raff Regression Channel is drawn, covering an existing trend, Exᴛᴇɴꜱɪᴏɴ Lɪɴᴇꜱ are drawn to identify ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ﹐ʀᴇꜱɪꜱᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏʀ ʀᴇᴠᴇʀꜱᴀʟ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛꜱ
The trend is up as long as prices rise within this channel. An uptrend may be reversing (not always, but likely) when price breaks below the channel extension. The trend is down as long as prices decline within the channel. Similarly, a downtrend may be reversing (not always, but likely) when price breaks above the channel extension. Moves outside the channel extensions can be indication of a reversal or can denote overbought or oversold conditions
For further details please refer to education post Raff Regression Channel
- AUTO or MANUALLY adjusted Raff Regression Channel and Channel Extentions drawing
- ALERTs, for Line, Raff Regression Upper and Lower Channel Extentions
- LSMA, , in other words Curve
Setting Loopback and Number of Bars are the most important part for The Raff Regression Channel, where ;
- Lookback, defines where the Raff Regression Channel is starting, it is recommended to set to a trend begining
- Number of Bars, defines how many bars to be assumed for calculation, or simply stated the end of the Raff Regression Channel drawing (not extentions but the main channel, extentions by default will be drawn till the last bar)
Setting of Loopback and Number of Bars is performed eigher automatically based on or users may prefer to set them manually. If selected automatically then
- Deviation and Depth values of are used for calculations (enabling visually plotting of Lines will help to identify better visually the points), where ;
Deviation, is a multiplier that affects how much the price should deviate from the previous in order for the bar to become a new .
Depth, affects the minimum number of bars that will be taken into account when building
Short-term traders may wish to apply the channel to small waves of a trend so they can reduce the value of the Deviation and Depth
█ OTHER CHANNEL CONSEPTS
Channels, , what channels are? and linear regression channel/curve/slope study
Fibonacci Channels, how to apply fibonacci channels and automated fibonacci channels study
Andrews’ , how to apply pitchfork and automated study
Special Thanks to @Kiss66000 for his kind suggestion, je vous remercie beaucoup @Kiss66000
Trading success is all about following your trading strategy and the indicators should fit within your trading strategy, and not to be traded upon solely
The script is for informational and educational purposes only. Use of the script does not constitute professional and/or financial advice. You alone have the sole responsibility of evaluating the script output and risks associated with the use of the script. In exchange for using the script, you agree not to hold dgtrd TradingView user liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on use of the script
* adjusting lengths, now available based on date & time whcih makes plottings constant across timeframes, thanks to @Arun_K_Bhaskar valuable suggestion
with this update, lenghts adjusting options are ;
- auto : based on zigzag indicator, where deviation and depth options are settings related to zigzag indcator
- manual fixed bars : calculated based on user provided lookback and number of bars inputs
- (NEW) manual date & time : calculated based on user provided start and end date & time
* added standard deviation channels plotting option, thanks to @Javafuel suggestion
Dans le véritable esprit de TradingView, l'auteur de ce script l'a publié en open-source, afin que les traders puissent le comprendre et le vérifier. Bravo à l'auteur! Vous pouvez l'utiliser gratuitement, mais la réutilisation de ce code dans une publication est régie par le règlement. Vous pouvez le mettre en favori pour l'utiliser sur un graphique.
Les informations et les publications ne sont pas destinées à être, et ne constituent pas, des conseils ou des recommandations en matière de finance, d'investissement, de trading ou d'autres types de conseils fournis ou approuvés par TradingView. Pour en savoir plus, consultez les Conditions d'utilisation.