To use the indicator, the first thing you need to do is define the type of analysis you want to perform (from the indicator settings) whether you want to evaluate prices above the moving average or below. You should also select the type of moving average and its period.
The indicator will search for the maximum distance in all the chart bars, which will be represented with a yellow label.
From that value, the indicator will generate a certain number of proportional levels (configurable up to 20) and will count all the bars that reached each level. This will be represented in a table showing both the number of bars that reached each range and the percentage in relation to the total bars of all ranges.
Additionally, there's the possibility to view the ranges directly for the current price, providing a good reference.
The indicator comes with alerts that notify traders about specific price movements in relation to a moving average (MA). These alerts are triggered when the price enters different ranges, either above or below the MA.
- Type of Analysis: Users can choose to analyze the price either above or below the MA.
- Length of the moving average: Length of the MA.
- Source of the moving average: Source to calculate the MA (e.g., close, open).
- Type of moving average: Type of MA (SMA, EMA, WMA, VWMA, HMA).
- Show Moving Average: Option to display or hide the MA on the chart.
- Number of levels: Number of levels or ranges to categorize the distance between the price and the MA.
- Number of decimals: Number of decimals to display in labels and tables.
- Show Ranges: Option to display or hide the ranges on the chart.
- Extend Range: Extension of the ranges into future bars.
- Range Fill Transparency: Transparency of the range fill.
>> Potential Utility of the Indicator:
- Entry and Exit Optimization:
By understanding the percentages of each range, traders can identify optimal levels to enter or exit a trade, maximizing profits and minimizing losses.
- Risk Management:
Range percentages can help determine market volatility. A range with a high percentage indicates greater volatility, which can be useful for setting wider stop losses or adjusting position size.
- Overbought and Oversold Zone Identification:
If a price is at the upper or lower extreme of its percentage range, it may indicate overbought or oversold conditions, respectively. These zones can be opportunities for counter-trend trades.
- Momentum Assessment:
A rapid change in range percentages can indicate strong momentum in a particular direction. Traders can use this information to ride the momentum wave or prepare for a potential reversal.
- False Signal Filtering:
By combining range percentage knowledge with other indicators, traders can filter out signals that might be less reliable, thus improving trade accuracy.
- Strategic Planning:
Knowing range percentages allows traders to adapt their strategies according to market conditions. For instance, in a market with narrow ranges and low percentages, they might opt for range strategies. In markets with wide ranges and high percentages, they might look for trend strategies.
- Trend Strength Evaluation:
If range percentages show that the price consistently stays at one end of the range, this may signal a strong and sustained trend.
- Improved Trading Discipline:
By basing trading decisions on quantitative data like range percentages, traders can trade more objectively and disciplined, avoiding impulsive or emotion-based decisions.
>> Future Indicator Update:
- In future versions, we plan to incorporate a detailed analysis based on the historical behavior of candles after the price enters a specific range. For instance, if after an upward movement the price enters a certain range and historically, the next candle tends to be bearish in a high percentage of occasions, this information will be highlighted and presented clearly to the user. The idea behind this addition is to provide traders with a statistical edge, allowing them to anticipate potential market movements with greater accuracy. Moreover, this information could be used to seek trading opportunities in smaller timeframes, aligning the trade direction based on the probability of this mentioned candle.
- In summary, a detailed understanding of each range's percentages in an indicator provides traders with a valuable tool to analyze the market, make informed decisions, and enhance their trading. By grasping the significance of these percentages, traders can adapt their strategies and techniques to fully leverage the opportunities the market presents.
Dans le véritable esprit de TradingView, l'auteur de ce script l'a publié en open-source, afin que les traders puissent le comprendre et le vérifier. Bravo à l'auteur! Vous pouvez l'utiliser gratuitement, mais la réutilisation de ce code dans une publication est régie par le règlement. Vous pouvez le mettre en favori pour l'utiliser sur un graphique.
Les informations et les publications ne sont pas destinées à être, et ne constituent pas, des conseils ou des recommandations en matière de finance, d'investissement, de trading ou d'autres types de conseils fournis ou approuvés par TradingView. Pour en savoir plus, consultez les Conditions d'utilisation.