Indicator Version is found under "MrBS:Directional Movement Index " (https://uk.tradingview.com/script/EmnHZn...)
//// THE IDEA
The majority of profits made in the market come from trending markets. Of course there are strategies that would say otherwise but for the majority of people, THE TREND IS YOUR FRIEND (until the end). The idea is to follow the trend, entering once it has established its self and exiting positions when the trend weakens. This strategy gives a rough idea of the returns produced from following purely the signals. At first Heikin Ashi values were used for the calculation but the results show it's not that effective. The functionality to switch between calculation types has been left in, so we can uses HA candle data to generate signals from while looking at an OHLC chart, if we want to experiment. Due to the way strategies work, we are unable to get reliable results when running the strategy on the HA chart even if we are calculating the signals from the real OHLC values. It is best to always run strategies on standard charts.
When using this strategy, I look for confirmation of the signal based on (14:3:6) direction, reversal level of , and divergance, to add confidence and adjust position size accordingly. I am going to try and code some version of that in future updates, if anyone can help or has suggestions please drop me a message.
//// INDICATOR DETAILS
- The default settings are for optimized , for 4 hour I would suggest a smoothing of 2.
- The default values used for calculation are the Real OHLC, we can change this to Heikin Ashi in the menu.
- The strategy enters a position when crosses the threshold level, and closes the position when starts to fall.
- There is a signal filter in the form of a 377 period , which the price must be above or bellow for long and short positions respectively.
- The strategy closes the position when a cross-under of the and its 4 period . This is an attempt to stay into positions longer as sometimes the will fall for 1 bar and then keep rising, while the overall trend is strong. The downside to this is that we exit trades later and this affects our max drawdown.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.
ETH - 0xA1FD07BeCBd304Cb859985EcEd72f9Fa6Ecd7738
Sign Up Bonuses
Binance (10% Off Fees) - https://bit.ly/3u0OGH0
Celsius Network - 1835011216